7th Shadow Dragon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderators

+2
hamtaro426
Sparker
6 posters

Go down

Moderators Empty Moderators

Post  Sparker Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:39 pm

We are in need of moderators, me myself cannot just watch over the forum myself. Too much work.

If anyone wants to be a moderator, please post here with the following information :

Name :
Title (What you would like to be called) :
What will we gain from you being moderator? :
What will you do as moderator? :
Are You Active? :
Notes :

Being A Moderator is a PRIVALEGE, not a RIGHT. It can be taken away if you abuse it.

Note : Dragon Fire 9, is automatically a Mod, rest assured, you will be mod soon.

Application Deadline : November 10, 2008

Last edited by Sparker on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sparker
Sparker
Admin

https://7thshadowdragon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Moderators Empty Re: Moderators

Post  hamtaro426 Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Name :hamtaro426
Title (What you would like to be called) :moderator
What will we gain from you being moderator? :I will be able to watch over the forum a couple times a day
What will you do as moderator? :watch for posts that go against the rules
are you active: I am active almost every day, only on some occasions i won't be able to get on.
Notes :I have been a moderator on other site forums before.

Last edited by hamtaro426 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
hamtaro426
hamtaro426

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparker Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:06 pm

Hamtaro, I just added a new thing to the application, can you edit that in?
Sparker
Sparker
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackmac Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:16 am

Name : Jackmac
Title (What you would like to be called) : Moderator
What will we gain from you being moderator? : Having somebody who is friendly help users and make sure they don't break the rules, and that rule breakers are properly punished.
What will you do as moderator? : I will watch posts and inform people if they are breaking the rules or causing trouble and help out where/whenever possible.
Are You Active? : Yes, I am online every to every other day, if I wont be online for a large set of time I'll be sure to inform someone.
Notes : What a Face I will simply have a larger version of the 3 strikes ban, every 3 you get a temp ban, but by the 9th its a perm. ban. The only exception is if the user is doing some seriously wrong stuff i.e. not just flaming but insulting other people, threats, etc then I would have to go right to a perm. ban. I honestly don't know what else to put here so if you have any questions simply MP me (because MPing is way cooler than PMing) and I will get back to you afro

Last edited by Jackmac on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jackmac
Jackmac

Back to top Go down

Post  mechquest pwnager Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Name:mechquest pwnager
Title:Archpwnaging bangaa man of the 7th Shadow Dragon Forums
What will we gain from you being a moderator:These forums do not seem very active,so I think I could handle it-If it is not to busy,I can spot rulebreaking really fast.
What will you do as a moderator:Umm..................whatever the fudge it is moderators and admins do :-P?
Are you active:Not much,but if you pick me for a mod I will.Please note:My life is fairly buisy at the moment,and there are more important things I have to do,so you might not see me all the time.I will be keeping these forums open in 1 tab,the AE forums on the other.I will do a full scan here about every 20 minutes,wich seems to be enough with such a small amount of members.
Notes:I am hispanic,and will help anyone with questions about AE games.I might seem a bit mad or grumpy at times-please just ignore me,my life is a bit.................busy and stressful right now.
I will edit posts in this color if I need to edit a post.I plan on using AE's warning system with a bit of a twist-1 offense=friendly warning,2=severe warning,3=5 hour ban,4=week ban,5=month ban,6=I am really mad about you making me ban you and you get a 3 month ban,7=I am just avbout fed up and you get 1 7 month ban,8=Quit it,please and 1 year ban,9=Oh plase,just stop and 2 year ban,10=THATS IT! and perma ban.
The ban system might be a little extreme,I will admit that :-P

Very impressive. I might consider you being mod!
Oh,forgot to mention:I am not that great with computers.My browser is very fast(just PM me if you want to know wich it is),so I should be able to reply to a message quickly.I will try to tell you if I have to leave for any amount of time(I might be away for a good while during january),and Panama(the country I currently live in,though I am hispanic and lived in the USA for the majority of my life)is having a 3 day independence day celebration,so I might leave randomly for a few hours every now and then.School is almost done for me and I have alot of stuff I need to do so I have plenty of time to relax and do what I want or mod in the spring(biggest break here),so if I ever randomly log off for a long amount of time,I just have something important to do.

Last edited by mechquest pwnager on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
mechquest pwnager
mechquest pwnager

Location : Panama.The sunny,damp and it rains 9 months here type of country.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparker Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:21 pm

Everyone is great... 0.o

Who Should I Pick...?
Sparker
Sparker
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mechquest pwnager Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:54 pm

Isnt there supposed to be more than one mod? scratch *thinks*
mechquest pwnager
mechquest pwnager

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparker Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Yes, but we have a small number of people. With a lot of mods, there needs to be normal members! If everyone was a mod, It wouldn't be that exciting! Besides, there will be three mods.
Sparker
Sparker
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mechquest pwnager Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:59 pm

There are only 3 people who applied unless you count dragon fire 9 :-P .Maybe we should decide with an election where you collect votes from everybody not running for mod?
Well,I gotta go multi-task between AE's forums,these forums and MQ.
mechquest pwnager
mechquest pwnager

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparker Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:03 pm

Voting is good.

EVERYONE VOTE. NOW!
Sparker
Sparker
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mechquest pwnager Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Might help if everyone instead of just me and you where online =/.
*Resists urge to yell "THE LEADER SHALL BE CHOSEN BY A FIGHT TO THE DEATH WITH RUSTY KNIVES AND BROKEN SHEILDS!"*
mechquest pwnager
mechquest pwnager

Back to top Go down

Post  hamtaro426 Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:09 pm

i am online most of the time too. I have been loged on the forums at multiple times today.
hamtaro426
hamtaro426

Back to top Go down

Post  FromCroatia Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:34 pm

Name :From croatia
Title (What you would like to be called) :Devil doctor
What will we gain from you being moderator? :you will gain a new mod and assured forum with no spam/flaming/trolling
What will you do as moderator? :I will moderate this forum.I will help it grow and I will try to preserve order
Are You Active? :I may be called active
Notes :I have a nice idea about deciding who's gonna be mod.It is simple the one who proves that he can:Calm peopple down,enforce the rules behaving and such...It should be an 1 week period starting from now.
FromCroatia
FromCroatia

http://www.creepypasta.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Fire 9 Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:15 am

i vote for jackmac and mechquest pwnager because they both seem to be good candiates for it but i think they should each write another application explaining more about their devotion to these forums but i think they both are very good people for the role of the three modcaters

Dragon Fire 9

Back to top Go down

Post  mechquest pwnager Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:35 am

My devotion to the forums?I came here after joining the clan,hoping to find another forum where I could have fun and help,like AE's.I am on all day on weekends,and usualy from 2:00(If I am lucky,my bus usualy gets here late)to 9:30 on weekdays.I try to spot rulebreaking quickly,and usualy do.My social responsiblities may prohibit my presence sometimes,but other than that and school,I am usualy always on.
Thankfully,the community here is also friendly and fairly small,so keeping thngs organized should not be much of a problem.I will still act like a regular forum member,but modding duties will come first.I can offer help in AQW and MQ on petty much everything,but I am clueless when it comes to DF and AQ.
@Dragon Fire 9:I am glad a mod like you thinks I am elegible for such a prestigious position.
mechquest pwnager
mechquest pwnager

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackmac Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:08 pm

While I have been playing all of the Adventure Quest game for a while now I feel and know that I have never been as active as I am now. However if I become a mod my moding duty (heh heh I said duty) will only be second to my normal life outside of my desk chair and computer (I has to level up in real life too Shocked ). While I am a fan of keeping a small community feel in a game I am also able to live with a larger community (which I hope this clan will eventually become). While I am currently caught up in AQW I am also an avid member of DF. For me the responsibility of being a mod comes with the job of giving help when and where it is needed, which I love to do. I find it oddly gratifying helping out new players find their bearings when they are getting started, and helping veterans with obstacles they might face in game and on the forums. While I seem to be finishing all of my posts with this I can find no idea for a better ending, if you have any questions for me simply ask Smile (or be cool and MP me because Mping is way cooler than PMing Laughing )
@Dragon Fire: I don't want to seem like I am simply copying what mechquest pwnager said but I feel as though I have to give a simple thank you for the recommendation Very Happy
Jackmac
Jackmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparker Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:18 pm

Well! I belive it is clear. Mechquest and Jackmac!

Sorry, others... You can try again next time.
Sparker
Sparker
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparker Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:24 pm

Also, The next moderator votes will be somewhere in next two weeks. Don't worry, the FC and Hamtaro, you two can still be moderators!
Sparker
Sparker
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mechquest pwnager Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:53 am

I didnt notice I was a mod until I looked at this thread because there are no titles yet :-P
Thankyou for nominating(choosing)me!
mechquest pwnager
mechquest pwnager

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackmac Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:53 pm

Sorry for the late post, I kinda forgot about saying thank you after I saw that I became a mod Laughing so no I shall say it,
Thank you for chooseing me as a mod!!! It means a lot to me I'll do my best Very Happy
Jackmac
Jackmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum